2 hospitalized after fire at Akebono facility in Glasgow

GLASGOW, Ky.- Two employees were hospitalized following a fire at a brake pad manufacturer in Glasgow Tuesday morning.

Firefighters responded to the Akebono Brake Corporation building on Cleveland Ave. around 8:30 a.m.

Thick black smoke was seen coming from the roof.

According to the Glasgow Fire Department, the fire was located inside a heat treat oven and spread through the exhaust system to the roof of the building.

Two employees were sent to the hospital due to smoke inhalation. Both are expected to be okay.

Investigators believe debris inside the machine and in the exhaust system caused the blaze.

Firefighters had the fire under control in about 90 minutes.