More information about tornado relief
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – Bowling Green/Warren County Tornado Response Day #3
This information is up-to-date as of 12/13/21 at 12:30 PM
If you have been impacted by damage (Residents or Business):
Please register with the American Red Cross. This can be done in person at Jennings Creek Elementary. An online portal will be established as soon as possible.
24/7 and Daytime-Only Shelter Options:
Shelter is available at the following locations
– Overnight (both have food and beds available)
– American Red Cross has a shelter at Jennings Creek Elementary School
2617 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101
– Bowling Green Jaycees has a shelter at SOKY Fairgrounds that will accept residents with pets
940 Morgantown Road Bowling Green, KY 42101
– Respite/Daytime only
– Kummer Little Recreation Center will be open all week from 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM for anyone needing a place to get out of the weather, charge phones, etc. Transportation may be provided from there to the overnight shelters.
333 College Street Bowling Green, KY 42101
– 2-1-1 is prepared to direct you to other resources, as well!
If you are looking for a loved one:
Call (270) 393-4116 to inquire.
If you want to help (Volunteer Efforts):
Beginning today, cleanup volunteers with tools and equipment will stage at the WKU Center for Research & Development (old Bowling Green Mall) at 2413 Nashville Road. These volunteers will be directed to damaged areas that are not restricted due to ongoing search and utility work. It is preferable that volunteers bring their own tools if they can!
**TRAINED Rescue Volunteers (experienced/trained law enforcement, emergency responders, military, etc). can call (270) 393-4116 to be connected with the Bowling Green Fire Department, or will be vetted onsite at the BGFD Command Vehicle at Jennings Creek Elementary. Please do not call BGFD stations directly.
If you want to give, monetary donations are very much needed!:
– Independence Bank: WCPS Synergy Relief Fund or use the GoFundMe link bit.ly/3ETOcrt
– www.uswk.org: Tornado Crisis & Recovery Fund
– Text GIVE to (502) 230-9464 BG Tornado Donations for RefugeBG (assistance to refugee/immigrant families impacted)
– Stuffthebusky.com/donate Stuff the Bus Foundation
In-person donation drop off locations:
– Lowe’s in Bowling Green will receive building materials, cleanup tools, and equipment, etc.
– Medical Center Warehouse at 350 High Rail Way Bowling Green, KY 42101 will receive any donation, including non-perishable food and drink items.
Important for cleanup:
Please separate natural debris piles (tree limbs, branches) from building material or household materials and place at curb. The debris must be separated as it has to be handled differently for disposal.
Be sure to use ONLY contractors licensed by our local Contractors Licensing Board! More info to follow.
Always assume power lines are energized. As utility workers work to restore power and lines are replaced, you may not realize that lines are active. Any line, guide wire, or pole that is entangled with debris of any kind needs to be handled by a utility worker. Utility workers are working long hours and every day to restore power – please be patient!
Warren County Public Schools:
In an effort to support the varying needs throughout our community, WCPS will be closed through the remainder of this week. Students and staff will return after the holiday break on Monday, January 3rd, 2022. Due to limited electricity, phone, and internet, these days will NOT be NTI.