Five south central Kentucky counties receive Homeland Security grant awards
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Barren County, Butler County, Edmonson County, Warren County and Metcalfe County are five of 31 counties that will receive funding as part of the 2019 Kentucky Office of Homeland Security grant awards program.
Here is a breakdown of of the awards:
- Barren County Fiscal Court – $17,000 – Communications-Radio
- Butler County Fiscal Court – $176,000 – Communications-Infrastructure
- Edmonson County Ambulance Taxing District – $32,000 – First Responder-Medical
- City of Bowling Green – $256,200 – First Responder-Critical Response Team
- City of Bowling Green – $14,400 – First Responder-Fire Department
- Metcalfe County Fiscal Court – $39,855 – Cybersecurity
This grant was made possible by the State Homeland Security Grant Program. Funded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP) provides resources to city and county governments, special taxing districts, and public school districts to purchase first responder equipment, communications equipment, critical infrastructure protection, and cybersecurity protection.