STORM SURVEY FROM NEW YEAR STORMS
PRELIMINARY DATA FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
BOWLING GREEN, Ky (January 04, 2022) -Storm damage from The New Years Day event was assessed from the National Weather Service. At this time, the NWS confirms another tornado touched down in Warren county within weeks of the deadly Dec 10-11 outbreak. Tornadoes also touched down in Barren and Hart counties. The latest report confirms that two tornadoes touched down in Logan county. The EF-1 Tornado tracked southeast of Russellville, Ky.
Here’s a list of the tornadoes in the News 40 viewing area:
- EF-1 Tornado in Barren county, max winds of 95 mph.
- EF-0 Tornado in Hart county, maximum winds of 80 mph.
- EF-0 Tornado in Logan county, maximum winds of 85 mph.
- EF-1 Tornado in Logan county, maximum winds of 110 mph.
- EF-0 Tornado in Warren county, max winds of 85 mph
These sporadic tornadoes tracked from southwest to northeast on Saturday Jan 01, 2022.