Many area roads remain flooded, highway department urges caution
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 3 area is still dealing with flooded roads following a heavy rain weather system that moved in on Sunday dumping more than five inches of rain in some areas.
Road conditions can change rapidly during flooding conditions. Roads can become flooded and clear very quickly. Motorists should not attempt to drive through possible high water.
Judging the depth of water over the road is very difficult. The following list of roads is the most accurate information available at the time the release was sent. Please use caution if driving today and tomorrow.
- KY 685 – Closed between the 5 and 6 mile point.
- KY 740 – Closed at the Hart County line.
- U.S. 68 – Closed at the Barren/Warren County line.
- KY 403 – Closed at mile point 4.
- KY 1435 – Closed at mile point 1.
- KY 1117 – Closed at mile point 7
- KY 1328 – Closed at mile point 2
- KY 269 – Closed at mile point 5
- KY 655 – Closed at the 2.6 mile point.
- KY 1243 – Closed at the 7.5 mile point.
- KY 678 – Closed at mile point 8.5.
- Ferry- The ferry has reopened.
- KY 1435 – Closed in two spots. Closed at mile point 11 and 9.
- U.S 68 – Closed at the Warren/Barren County line.
- KY 1749 – Closed at the 0.3 mile point at Clay Lick Creek. Expected to open around noon.
Additional information is available here http://transportation.ky.