Barren County deputies searching for man accused of threatening resident with gun

BARREN COUNTY, Ky. – The Barren County Sheriff’s Office says it is working to locate a male accused of threatening a resident with a gun on Monday.
According to a public safety notice, deputies responded Monday, Aug. 17 to a report of a possible burglary in progress in the 2900 block of Willie Groce Road.
Upon arrival, authorities say they made contact with a victim, who reported a male had “stopped at her residence and was asked to leave the property.”
According to authorities, the victim stated the male became “angry,” produced a gun and threatened her with it. The victim further stated the last time she saw the male, he had been in her backyard, deputies say.
The sheriff’s office says it searched the residence and surrounding area but was unable to locate the male.
Residents in the area are asked to remain vigilant and avoid approaching or confronting the individual, according to authorities. An increased law enforcement presence is expected in the area until the male subject is located.
According to authorities, this is believed to be an isolated incident with the victim and the suspect.
The investigation remains ongoing. Further information will be released as it becomes available.