WNKY News 40 is looking for an experienced News Director who is an innovative and dynamic leader, possessing excellent news and ethical judgment. The right candidate will be someone who understands deep impact local content and will foster a positive, collaborative, and hard-charging newsroom into a digital now mindset.
• Responsible for initiating and managing growing content delivery on multiple platforms
• Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy, and direction
• Managing the station’s editorial news operations and assigning daily MMJ/Anchor coverage
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
• Setting budgets, establishing goals, and directing staff that produces 15+ hours of local news weekly
• Recruiting, hiring, and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
• Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
• Review copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
• Must have a strong understanding for community needs and issues
• Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
• Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
• Journalism degree and a minimum of three years experience in news management with noted leadership skills
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
Please send resume and cover letter to News 40 General Manager Julie Milam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marquee Broadcasting, Kentucky, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve.
About Marquee Broadcasting
It’s time to make your mark in News with Marquee Broadcasting, a media company committed to delivering hyperlocal news that is important to the communities we serve. Our content is delivered over multiple distribution platforms including broadcast television, digital, mobile, and video, to provide consumers the content they desire. We are proud to have a stellar management team and extraordinary employees who are passionate about local matters. We are shifting the focus of local media and ready to find a natural leader for our winning team!
About WNKY News 40
News 40 is in Bowling Green, the fastest-growing city in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. We are nestled along Interstate 65 between Nashville, TN and Louisville, KY, where you’ll feel welcome from the moment you arrive. Bowling Green is proud to be the home of Western Kentucky University, the Bowling Green Hot Rods baseball team, Fruit of the Loom, Camping World, and home of the Corvette. Speaking of cars, we also love planes and trains, music and guitars, caves and waves, rails and trails, and farms and charm. Our community is geared for couples, families, and FUN, with an endless number of things to do. So, whether you’re looking for thrills, nostalgia, or all things local, we’re the place for you!
The heart and soul of our station is our team. We are diverse in every way, representing the communities we serve. We are committed to meeting the needs of our market, so we partner with area nonprofits to sponsor over 75 fundraising events each year. In our 20 years in the market, we have raised millions of dollars to help our community and we continue to raise that bar each year. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility, and a strong desire to see you succeed.
Are YOU the best choice to serve South Central KY? Let’s talk.