FIFA challenged at court by Porto in Football Leaks case
GENEVA (AP) — FIFA is being challenged by Portuguese champion Porto in a case of third-party ownership of a player’s economic rights revealed in the “Football Leaks” series. The Court of Arbitration for Sport says its judges will hear Porto’s appeal against FIFA sanctions on Dec. 3. The case relates to Porto’s signing Algeria winger Yacine Brahimi in 2014 from Spanish club Granada. Details of the deal were later published in a series of allegedly hacked confidential documents from the soccer industry. FIFA fined Porto last year for breaking rules that prohibit outside investors influencing transfer. The FIFA ruling said Doyen Sports Investments Limited took an 80% ownership stake in Brahimi.