Recipe from Lois Friedmann of Stillwater, Okla.
- 6 to 8 slices of bread
- 6 to 8 eggs and a cup of milk, mixed well ¾ lb of cheese grated (your choice, I like colby jack)
- 1 lb of sausage fried and drained
- 1 small green pepper or 1 can of green chilies
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can of mushroom soup with about 1 cup of milk
- Grease a 9x13 inch cake pan. Tear up the bread in the bottom. Add eggs then cheese. Layer the sausage mixture ( sausage, green pepper and onion).
- I like to make sure my onions and peppers are done so I cook them all together with sausage.
- Last add the mushroom soup mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour and minutes. Bake covered the first 50 minutes and uncover to brown.