Recipe from Chef Michael Symon and the American Lamb Board
- 4 pound boneless leg of lamb
- 6 minced shallots (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cracked coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Mix all ingredients except stock together in a medium bowl; rub on the surface of lamb.
- Place in a large glass baking dish; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add lamb and brown on both sides.
- Place on roasting rack and roast fat side up at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees. Remove lamb from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with stock and simmer until reduced by half.
Serve lamb with pan drippings, tzatziki and grilled vegetables.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Juice 2 lemons
- 1 peeled diced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Makes about 4 cups.
More Easter recipes from the American Lamb Board.