Video: Unwatered Live Christmas Tree Goes Up in Flames - | SoKY Community, Events, Weather


Video: Unwatered Live Christmas Tree Goes Up in Flames

Posted: Updated:

Most houses are lit up with lights on Christmas, but if you have a real tree inside your home, without proper care your whole house could become lit on fire.

A video by the Consumer Product Safety Commission shows the dangers of not watering your Christmas tree.

In the video, the watered tree has been burning for nearly thirty minutes and there is no visible flames.

Within just seconds of the unwatered tree coming into contact with fire, the room is filled with massive flames.

Luckily, you can keep your home in one piece by watering the tree frequently and getting it dipped in flame retardant.

Glasgow's Fire Station #2 off the bypass on Cross Street is offering to dip your tree free of cost from 9:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. everyday until December 23rd.

It will still require watering, but in the worst case scenario this will decrease the risk of that massive, instantaneous fire.

To see the video: visit

Powered by Frankly

325 Emmett Ave
Bowling Green, KY 42101

General Phone: 270-781- 2140

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2017 WNKY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.