One Home Destroyed, Two Others Damaged and a Man is Injured From - WNKY.com | SoKY Community, Events, Weather

WNKY News Express

One Home Destroyed, Two Others Damaged and a Man is Injured From Fire Caused by Candle

Posted: Updated:

Bowling Green, KY (WNKY-TV) - One home was destroyed and two others were damaged and a man is injured after a candle ignited a residence in a Bowling Green neighborhood. Just before 1 PM fire crews from numerous volunteer agencies responded to a structure fire with heavy smoke and flames on Kattawar Circle. Fire officials say the blaze began because a candle ignited curtains in the residence. The man inside the home suffered minor burns and no others were injured. The fire spread from gusty winds to two other homes. It took firefighters about 15 minutes to control the burn. Warren County Public School officials are coordinating efforts to help the families. They tell us one person affected is a Warren East High School student.

Powered by Frankly

325 Emmett Ave
Bowling Green, KY 42101

General Phone: 270-781- 2140

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2017 WNKY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.